Product Manager, Commerce
New York, NY
We're looking for an Associate Product Specialist to join our team. As an Associate Product Specialist at BuzzFeed you'll have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects - from internal tooling, like our proprietary CMS, to consumer facing products, like the BuzzFeed site or the Tasty app.
The Product Specialist team provides support to users, shares insights with teams, helps to execute against roadmaps, influences work prioritization and product decisions amongst their teams, and report important trends based on user feedback. They fuel product quality and engagement by representing the voice of the user, and are responsible for monitoring the quality and stability of specific BuzzFeed products and the teams that work on them. They leverage data tools and other sources of feedback to identify user experience themes, prioritize issues, and communicate key takeaways to Product, Design and Engineering Leads to shape product direction, and work cross-functionally with other teams within BuzzFeed to improve user experience.
• Manage inbound user support needs, triaging and escalating when appropriate.
• Work autonomously to clearly define problems, identify why they exist, and determine how end users are affected.
• Execute on assigned projects with guidance. Owning and maintaining operational processes, with a focus on developing your knowledge of products and product areas your team(s) own.
• Make smaller decisions for priorities and day-to-day issues, consulting with more senior leaders for guidance on larger decisions.
• Build strong relationships with your counterparts across disciplines to facilitate project execution, foster communication within the team and develop a positive team culture.
• Fuel product quality and engagement by understanding and accurately representing the voice of the user.
• You are solution-oriented, with the ability to process and resolve issues quickly.
• You have a high ''say/do'' ratio. Things you say you will do, get done.
• You are well-versed in basic troubleshooting techniques.
• You are comfortable balancing quick and imperfect solutions with longer term strategic ones.
• You are comfortable collaborating with people across multiple disciplines like engineering, product, and design, as well as with other departments across the company.
• You are comfortable soliciting and providing direct and impactful feedback.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.