BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for an agile and detailed Affiliate Strategist to join a growing affiliate team. An ideal candidate will be an analytical and quantitative problem solver with a strong attention to detail. This candidate should have a strong analytical background as well as an understanding of consumer buying habits. Experience in retail, e-commerce or merchandising is a plus. This role is a unique combination of marketing and retail analysis.
As an Affiliate Strategist, you will be responsible for providing actionable insights to the Commerce Team and communicate strategy with various stakeholders across the organization. The ability to work cross-functionally and clearly to articulate data and strategy will be key.
• Track affiliate performance and provide strategic recommendations to effectively scale the business
• Provide actionable recommendations based on performance, and communicate immediate business growth opportunities to relevant stakeholders
• Provide weekly reports to track performance of editorial and commerce initiatives
• Provide monthly and quarterly hindsight reports, and deliver strategy recommendations based on top performing content formats and content categories
• Generate Ad Hoc reports to support business development and sales pitches
• Work alongside the affiliate Account Management and business team leads to identify paid program performance trends, surface optimization recommendations, and surface recommendations for new and existing partners
• Communicate affiliate partner risk and opportunities to our editorial and sales teams
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years of merchandising or analytical experience
• Strong numerical and analytical skills
• Experience with Excel
• Experience creating and presenting performance reports
• Experience within a cross-functional organization that touches affiliate, retail management, e-commerce management and/or merchandising.
• Knowledge of the digital commerce space and emerging trends
• Experience in a traditional ecommerce role is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• A passion for shopping and identifying unique trends in e-commerce
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8904x-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.