Los Angeles, CA
BuzzFeed is looking for two experienced AfterEffects Motion Graphic Animators to work on an internally produced new mini explainer series called Historical Icons Who Weren't Actually Straight. The four episode series will feature bold colorful illustrations and be entirely animated (no live action). The role is a 6-8 week contract, starting in April, exact date TBD.
• Create beautiful, entertaining animation, including some simple character animation
• Work on a small remote team, which requires constant communication and collaboration
• Offer up ideas and solutions to design problems
• Handle and execute notes quickly
• Be self-sufficient, organized and on schedule
• Support Designer in creating assets for animation if needed
• Ability to support Editor in sound design and editing a plus but not required
• A strong sense of design and timing
• High level of proficiency in AfterEffects, including knowledge and proficiency with plug-ins and expressions
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite, in particular Illustrator and Premiere
• Proficiency in Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Good communication skills and no ego on receiving feedback
• At least 2-3 years of experience working in animation and online
• Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.