London, United Kingdom
Account Manager (Fixed-Term)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
This is a one year fixed term contract
BuzzFeed is looking for a detailed customer-service focused individual to help manage and support BuzzFeed's advertising operations. As the Account Manager, you will lead in the creation of strategic sales proposals, and develop ideas and concepts to solve client goals that are deeply rooted in storytelling and insights. You will serve as the client's primary point of contact to ensure the success of the program and help drive renewals.
• Partner with Sales in building successful client and agency relationships, growing the partnership and in selling through BuzzFeed solutions and strategy.
• Work with internal cross-disciplinary teams to maintain successful agency and advertiser relationships
• Hold a general knowledge of all aspects of industry and clients' business and the ability to apply that knowledge to meaningful insights, counsel and planning for the client's business and BuzzFeed assignments.
• Enter and manage insertion orders within third-party and internal sales operations systems
• Serve as the client's primary point of contact for the program while providing reporting, monitoring program performance and delivery
• Partner with Creative, Production, Distribution and other internal teams to successfully launch and manage programs and production schedules
• 2+ years experience working at a publisher, media or creative agency managing a brand's digital advertising strategy, creative development and buying activities
• Experience partnering with internal teams to brainstorm solutions that achieve client goals and future needs
• Experience in a client interfacing role and comfortable presenting to different audiences, tailoring messages accordingly
• Worked on complex programs across a variety of spend levels and verticals, with proven success of client growth
• Experience reporting and monitoring program performance and delivery by working with distribution and advertising operations teams
• Proven project management experience and ability to navigate and communicate timelines and deliverables (internally and externally) with accuracy
• Experience and ability to tell a story using data, research and insights research
• Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel, Google Product Suite and/or Basecamp, Slack and Boostr knowledge
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbnko-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally.