2D Animator/Writer, The Land of Boggs (project-based)
Media Labs is an experimental content space at BuzzFeed focused on animation - a place for humor, art, crazy ideas and motivated people. The Media Labs Animation is an exciting, energetic department tasked with developing unique and compelling use of animation and animated characters through social media.
BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced 2D Flash Animator/Writer to support our The Land of Boggs team. This role begins as a one month freelance position and at the successful completion, a 6 month fixed-term contract will be offered.
• Be an integral part of The Land of Boggs animation team
• Execute animated short content concepts for our social media accounts, including a mix of concepting, writing, storyboarding, animating, and sound
• Create artwork and animation for editorial and branded work
• Write short scripts and concepts
• Repurpose existing artwork for various usage
• Handle and execute notes quickly, being proactive to communicate with your team lead to understand feedback
• Creatively support the department at large
• Enjoy working on a small remote team, which requires constant communication and collaboration
• Be proactive with ideas
• Adapt your drawing style to follow established style guides
• Be excited to wear a lot of hats and be part of the entire animation pipeline!
• Have no ego about addressing notes
• Understand how to be minimalist/efficient and yet entertaining with your acting choices
• Be comfortable with pivoting to new projects as they arise - we often have opportunities come up quickly that require a nimble and fast response
• Have a strong understanding of what makes content shareable
• Are familiar with and inspired by TikTok and Instagram
• Be excited to experiment and try new ideas
• 2+ years of experience working in animation and online
• Expert proficiency in Flash (Animate CC), Premiere, Photoshop
• A bachelor's degree in Animation, or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge of 2D Animation & Production processes
• Proficiency in Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Media Encoder and After Effects
• Great communication skills and are able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Knowledge of social media and digital video platforms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k4mx-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.