2D Animate CC / Flash Animator (project based)
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is looking for an experienced Animate CC / Flash Animator to work on an internally produced new mini explainer series for Black History Month 2022 featuring people in history who identified as LGBTQ+. The four 1 minute episode series will feature bold colorful illustrations and be entirely animated (no live action). The role is a 4 week contract, starting in November, exact date TBD.
• Animate established animation style in Animate CC / Flash
• Must know Animate CC / Flash
• Work on a small remote team, which requires constant communication and collaboration
• Offer up ideas and solutions to design problems
• Handle and execute notes quickly
• Be self-sufficient, organized and on schedule
• Support Designer in creating assets for animation if needed
• Ability to support Editor in sound design and editing a plus but not required
• A strong sense of design and timing
• Strong character animation skills
• Motion Graphic experience is a plus
• A level of proficiency in Animate CC / Flash
• Proficiency in Adobe Suite, in particular Illustrator and Premiere
• Proficiency in Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Media Encoder
• Good communication skills and no ego on receiving feedback
• At least 2-3 years of experience working in animation and online
• Knowledgeable of social media and digital video platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mw7m-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.