The UE4 Generalist is key in ensuring production efficiency. This role utilizes technical skills and analytical skills to ensure all departments are able to function at their best.
Role & Responsibilities
• Scene set up for Virtual Production
• Prepare and run virtual scouting and virtual camera sessions
• Debugging and optimizing for Virtual production
• Set up and QC render footages from UE4
• Communicate effectively with different departments to look into the causes of any technical issues and to integrate into unreal virtual camera
• Support data management as per production folder structure and templates
• Assist with asset ingest, scene setup, optimization, and validation of look and performance of scenes
• Make technical scene adjustments to achieve the goals of the key creatives, including lighting, animation, set dressing, and/or color correction
• Provide time-to-completion estimates for changes or troubleshooting issues.
• Manipulate and align scenes to match with set builds, look and color, and/or blend between the physical and virtual world in camera as applicable
• Collates and feeds back issues with assets, software/hardware back to the Producer as appropriate.
• Train incoming generalists on proper protocols in the Virtual Production workflow.
• Set up processes for quality control and ensure quality of deliverables
• Deliver within schedule to meet deadlines
• Assist with continuous development of the virtual production pipeline
• Fill in as supportive roles for Animation, Modelling/ Set dressing, and Virtual Production
• Be able to function as a UE4 Driver for Virtual production if needed
• Be able to make rapid changes in an iterative intensive pipeline
• Animation Diploma or Fine Arts Degree and/or relevant industry experience
• Generalist background such as basic understanding of the need for Animation, Lighting, and virtual Camera is an asset
• Proficient in UE4
• Motion Builder and mocap experience is strongly desired
• Strong problem-solving abilities
• Open and proactive communication style
• Team working skills
• Attention to detail
• Solid work ethic and a positive attitude
• Ability to function well under pressure
• Knowledge of Maya is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0w368-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.