Unreal Environment VFX Generalist
Remote / Virtual
We are seeking Environment Surfacing Artists, to be responsible for a wide range of tasks and should expect a variety of challenges.
Role & Responsibilities
• Work with the Art Department to realize and further the look of the show's environment.
• Develop shaders to cover a wide range of styles from stylistic to photorealistic.
• Maintain the quality and continuity of the art direction.
• Meet the technical requirements set by the Lead Environment Look Dev Artist.
• Research new shader development techniques.
• Report to the Lead Environment Look Dev Artist.
• Solve department problems and set best practices with the team lead.
• Shader optimization for memory and frame rate budgets.
• Work with the Production Department to meet deadlines and manage assets deliveries.
• Use proprietary pipeline tools to ensure each asset meets technical standards.
• Mentor, train and assist junior Look Dev Artists.
• 4+ years shader development experience in games or film industry.
• 4+ years of experience using Maya, Substance Pro, Photoshop, Z-Brush or equivalents.
• 2+ years of shader development for Unreal Engine or Unity.
• Ability to communicate creative and technical ideas.
• Excellent visual skills and high attention to detail.
• Understanding of color theory and how lighting affects color.
• Expert understanding of UV's and shading, texturing and look development.
• Technical & artistic understanding of lighting in Unreal or supporting applications.
• Be fast, organized, take direction well, and work with directors & supervisors.
• Good understanding of modeling & lighting are a plus.
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.