BRON Digital, is a state-of-the-art virtual production and service company, that utilizes the Unreal Engine to develop and produce long-form animation for series television, short-form content, and motion pictures. This division leverages BRON's extensive experience producing traditional CGI animation to apply and adapt the best practices of linear animation pipelines and marry those with Unreal Engine centered, virtual production workflows. The move allows BRON to broaden and expand its production and produce high quality content with much faster turnarounds.
This position is fully remote.
Role & Responsibilities
• Build, test and maintain rigs for various types of assets (Characters, Props and Sets) under the supervision of the Producer and working collaboratively with Modelers and Animators.
• Supervise and work with outside vendors, providing feedback for deliverables, speaking with vendors in a constructive and professional manner.
• Deliver clean production rigs with minimal build iteration.
• Provide exceptional skin and deformer weighting to satisfy the production's required articulation standard with minimal supervision.
• Work efficiently within the existing Production and Pipe workflows.
• Provide additional custom deformer solutions and cost-effective ideas to reach the articulation goals of the production.
• Execute rigging efficiently by maintaining a good level of scripting knowledge (Python, Mel, Shell script) and understanding the rigging pipeline.
• Mentor junior riggers and demonstrate the quality standards of sculpting and rigging.
• Perform detailed character model finaling post animation.
• Assist with other related production tasks at the discretion of the Producer.
• Perform any other roles and responsibilities that are typically required by a Rigging Supervisor.
• Perform other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned in the future.
• Develop and maintain productivity and morale of the Rigging team.
• Define and execute the production's Rigging creative and technical strategy.
• Communicate effectively with a wide variety of personalities, both written and verbal.
• Engage production leadership and teams with a positive attitude that encourages collaboration.
• Manage time and balance priorities, often amidst the pressures of busy, deadline-driven productions.
• Ability to adapt within the existing and changing workflows in Production and Pipe workflows.
• Foster a learning environment within the team, not only enabling personal development but also allowing contribution to the overall goals of the studio.
• 8+ years' Rigging experience in feature animation, VFX and/or television
• 2+ years' Rigging Supervisor experience
• Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Experience as Maya rigger for assets in digital animation, visual effects, games, commercials
• Knowledge of (Python, MEL) to understand the inside of the rigging pipeline and execute rigging efficiently
• Experience with Mudbox, Zbrush is a plus
• Experience in assets as well as with shots related work
• Knowledge of anatomy, cloth and hair simulation
• Basic knowledge/skill in other disciplines - modeling, texture, TD, animation
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to clearly communicate artistic notes to others
• Experience/Understanding of UE4
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxob04-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.