R&D Engineer - Creature Team
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a Pipeline TD to join our Pipeline Department.
Role & Responsibilities
• Enhance, support and extend existing in-house tools and frameworks.
• Provide technical support to end users, implementing bug fixes or suggesting solutions and workarounds.
• Develop tools in collaboration with the pipeline developers and studio coding standards.
• Create and maintain tools documentation.
• Collaborate with the Pipeline Developers to map out and optimize workflows and tool integration.
• Research and recommend improvements to workflows to improve productivity or communication.
• Adapt quickly to new softwares, in a varying environment.
• Contribute to production technical knowledge base documentation such as workflows, known workarounds, resolution of common user mistakes.
• Participate in daily scrum and other pipeline related meetings.
• Manage the Pipeline team, and collaborate with Production and Supervisors.
• 5 years experience as a Pipeline TD
• 3-5 years professional software development experience in Python
• Strong understanding of CG pipeline (modeling, rigging, lookdev, environments, lighting/ rendering/FX)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills and self sufficiency
• Experience with tooling for DCC softwares (Maya, Houdini, Nuke,...)
• Experience in Animation / VFX / Gaming industry
• Fast learner, and proactive
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
• Experience using SCM tools like Git, GitLab, Perforce, SVN
• Experience in Unreal
• Experience working in an Agile / Scrum methodology and environment
• Experience with C++
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71b79-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.