We are seeking a Lead to join our Modelling Department!
Role & Responsibilities
• Provide character models under the supervision of the Production Designer and working collaboratively with the Design team and Rigging team.
• Manage the Modelling permanent staff as well as fixed-term employees and contractors.
• Conduct daily rounds with modelers and production team.
• Provide feedback and direction.
• Act as main point person for feedback or instruction for modelling team.
• Encourage good working practices for the team and colleagues to work together collaboratively.
• Communicate forecasted delays or issues to production team, and work with production to create solutions and timelines.
• With Production Assistant and Associate Production Managers, bid upcoming modelling tasks to ensure they fit within deadlines and modelling schedules.
• Mentor junior modelers, encouraging best practices and aesthetic goals.
• Maintain a positive leadership and mentorship attitude.
• Minimum 2 years of experience as a Lead Modeler.
• High proficiency modelling in Maya.
• Experience with Game Engine, Unity, UE4, etc. is required.
• Proven track record of modelling high quality production assets.
• Experience with PhotoShop, Mudbox, Zbrush, Renderman, Mari.
• Understanding of models' usage in previs, rigging, look dev and lighting departments.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81029-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.