Character Effects Artist (CFX)/ Grooming
If you have a passion for CFX and grooming then we want to hear from you, come join our team!
Role & Responsibilities
• Help to define and maintain the look and quality bar of the stylized Hair & Cloth in the show by working with concept artists and designers.
• Creative development of Hair & Cloth using Unreal Engine 4, and other plugins and tools.
• Technical problem solving of how to achieve our signature look in the engine.
• Create CFX Comp, Modeling Hair & Cloth, Create Simulations and other CFX techniques that reflect the designs to create a stylized world for the story.
• Monitor deliverable progress for Hair & Cloth animation by working with Producer and coordinators.
• Create and simulate Hair & Cloth effects on 3D animated character by referring to the artistic direction of the project.
• Running simulations for shot production; trouble shooting and providing revision based on Supervisor feedback.
• Collaborate with animators to create Hair & Cloth effects suitable for animation.
• Shot modeling and/or cleaning existing hair/cloth simulations.
• Work with the Supervisor and team lead to ensure the integration and maintenance of configurations.
• Manage assigned scope and requested changes, meet commitments, follow up and be on time.
• Participate in dailies, rounds and team reviews.
• Be able to interpret as well as follow through on notes and feedback.
• Degree or Diploma in Film, Animation and/or relevant industry experience
• 2+ years of proven VFX level Hair & Cloth experience, Grooming, Modeling and Compositing skills, and an expert level understanding of the animation principles
• Knowledge in creating long hair, short fur and feathers
• Open to creatively optimizing CFX solutions to support schedule delivery timelines and with production
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Expertise in Yeti, XGen and Houdini
• Experience using Quixel
• Strong sense of timing and appeal
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely
• Solid work ethic and positive attitude
• Strong collaborative mindset
• Desire to innovate towards efficient process
• Works well under pressure
• Efficient and detail oriented
• Interest and familiarity with the Unreal engine is an asset
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkv83-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.
BRON is a worldwide media and entertainment company committed to furthering the art and craft of meaningful commercial storytelling. Focused on the strategic development, production and financing of original live-action and animated features, television and digital media content, BRON has been instrumental in more than 90 productions and has built a robust slate of upcoming projects across all platforms.