Retail Production Manager
New York, NY
Bravado International Group is the only global, 360-degree full-service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world's largest record company, as well as the group's significant marketing strength.
The Sr. Manager of Product Development/Production will be an essential part of Bravado team, helping to drive margin and leverage merchandise needs for E-commerce, Tour and special projects. This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of Product Development/Production and will work alongside Brand Managers to coordinate and develop new products for ecommerce launches and tour activity.
How you'll CREATE:
• Develop time and action calendars alongside the Brand Manager for all new product needs across Ecommerce, Tour and Special Events
• Management and implementation of development and production calendars for different product categories.
• Review reports and recommend solutions to exceptions within sourcing and development needs.
• Work collaboratively with the Creative team to develop a final assortment that is executable in production.
• Work closely with the E-Commerce Consumer Engagement team to help facilitate the launch of new styles and programs on an artist's webstore
• Work closely with Tour Management to ensure proper execution of all development and production needs for tour activity
• Facilitate all product information for a new launch and manage their direct report, the Product Manager in ensuring all proper set up needs are met, and production can be executed.
• Negotiate costing with vendors across multiple programs to help drive margin improvement and review P&L with upper management
• Manage any required fabric, blank, and trim procurement
• Monitor development and production status of all programs on the e-commerce platform– from sample development to necessary production lead times for messaging to customers.
• Oversea production process from Development to In- Hands date for Ecommerce and Tour activity
• Help prepare for Pop Up needs and collaborate with Brand Managers and Sales to facilitate the product needed for the event
• Elevate and communicate high risk potential order problems and issues as appropriate
• Develop collaborative relationships with our existing vendor base
• Help drive the sourcing of new vendors for new and existing categories.
Bring your VIBE:
• 5-7 years of experience in apparel production or product development
• Strong costing and negotiation skills
• Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
• Knowledge and understanding of fabrics, construction and print techniques
• Exceptional Microsoft Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Strong Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving skills
• Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
• Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical
• Strong long term strategic planning capability
• Effective verbal and written skills
• Bachelor's degree required
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, ''Gift Week'', Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company. We are the home for music’s greatest artists, innovators and entrepreneurs.