Youth Baseball and Softball (YBS) Junior Coordinator
The Red Sox Foundation is one of the largest team charities in Major League Baseball, strategically using its platform to be a leading source of hope and positivity off the field in the areas of health, education and recreation. By coupling our year-round, direct-service programming with our grant-making initiatives and core partnerships, we utilize a unique model as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization to effectively triple our impact in New England and Lee County, Florida. It is the passion of the best fans in baseball that make our work possible.
The Red Sox Foundation (RSF) Youth Baseball and Softball programs focus on providing access and high-quality experience to players and coaches throughout the year in our effort to grow the game. To aid in this effort, YBS Junior Coordinators are responsible for representing the Red Sox Foundation at Nike RBI and Jr. Nike RBI games while ensuring all standards and expectations of Nike RBI programs are being met. YBS Junior Coordinators are also responsible in assisting at Play Ball events and serving as a positive brand ambassador as a Red Sox Foundation representative.
• Supervise Nike RBI regular season and playoff games on a rotating basis while ensuring that Nike RBI standards, rules, and code of ethics/conduct are being followed.
• Submit game reports to Nike RBI commissioner and Red Sox Foundation staff, inclusive of field conditions, game statistics, and incidents, among other pertinent data. Utilize mobile technology to proactively communicate any reports.
• Travel to youth Play Ball events to assist with registration operations, lead baseball/softball skill-based stations as a clinician, capture content for social media, and complete other duties as needed.
• Collaborate and maintain proactive communication with Red Sox Foundation staff, Nike RBI commissioners, and Nike RBI coaches to ensure all participants are properly registered and eligible to participate.
• Assist with registration operations, set up / breakdown, and assessment of special event opportunities as needed (i.e. Nike RBI champions celebration/banquet, coaches' trainings, league registration days, etc.)
• Be a positive brand ambassador and represent the Red Sox Foundation in a professional manner.
CHARACTERISTICS / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• General knowledge of baseball/softball rules and/or coaching experience.
• Minimum of 1-year relevant youth development experience preferred.
• Ability to clearly communicate instructions and information.
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Access to a smartphone or camera during games for recording games.
• Travel includes in and out of the state of Massachusetts.
At the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Sports Management, we go beyond embracing diversity. We're committed to living by our values, strengthening our community, and creating a workplace where people genuinely feel like they belong.
Too often, job seekers don't apply to positions because they don't meet every qualification. If you love this role and are great at what you do, we encourage you to apply. Your unique skills and experiences might just be what we've been looking for.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, religious creed, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, military/veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected genetic information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv8jv7-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.