SUMMARY: Research and reconcile information from a variety of sources using systems, tools and resources to accurately distribute royalty payments on time.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Apply policies, procedures, and guidelines relevant to registration and maintenance of musical works submitted by BMI affiliated writers and publishers.
• Handle relevant day to day operations inquiries.
• experience and knowledge to meet established departmental goals.
• with analysis of software, system tools, and reports.
• Work in other areas of the department, as needed or assigned.
• Actively participate in ongoing training.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• High School graduate, or GED equivalent.
• degree preferred with concentration in music business.
• Foreign language preferred.
• Knowledge of at least one musical genre. More genres preferred for more complex departments.
• Minimum one-year experience in music business, music publishing, or related field.
• business related internships preferred.
• Experience in document retrieval software preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Basic computer navigation skills including Word, Excel
• Fast learner
• Attention to detail
• Strong critical thinking skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Relationship management
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.
At least 1 year experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxyk0-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
We are BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.), a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music.