POSITION SUMMARY: Brings business and Information Technology (IT) together by understanding the needs and limitations of both. Investigates and analyzes problems or requirements from a business perspective and designs solutions that align to the business goals and remain within technical parameters.
Location: Remote (TN). Candidate must reside in the Middle Tennessee area.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative, but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Work closely with management to prioritize business goals and information needs
• Interpret a project and the business requirements, evaluating all the options, working with developers/architects to understand software limitations
• Examine existing/new business models and flows of data and discuss findings with the business owner/BA and technical team as applicable
• Assist in designing the most efficient and cost-effective solutions
• Assist in the design of, and migration to, new platforms
• Write/refine user stories that translate the business requirements into a consumable piece of work for developers to code against and QA to test from. Provide artifacts such as wireframes, data flows, etc. to support that effort.
• Responsible for the creation of technical user stories
• Contribute to user manuals
• Deliver mined data model with entities and attributes used by existing system(s)
• Create appropriate data dictionary
• Responsible for data migration mapping
• Deliver both functional and non-functional requirements (business rules)
• Create wire frames, story boards and work flow models
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent years of experience. MBA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of web development and/or system analysis.
Two (2) years of agile / scrum team experience
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative, but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Knowledge of data analysis using SQL, ER diagrams and other tools
• Demonstrated experience in learning new technologies quickly
• Experience mocking up user interface requirements using prototyping
• Strong software development background
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills
• Organization and planning skills Excellent attention to detail
• Conflict resolution skills
• Strong facilitation skills
• Ability to build and sustain collaborative working relationships at all levels
• Flexibility with changing priorities
• Critical thinking skills
• Customer service oriented
License(s)/Certifications Preferred: None
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 11 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran's or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8mp86-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.