POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, planning, implementation and support for the Microsoft Windows environment. The sysadmin will serve as a technical expert in the area of Windows administration and monitoring.
LOCATION: Nashville, TN office. This position is primarily remote, however, there will be times when team members will be required to be in the BMI office, based on the requirements of their role.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Administers, installs, configures, and maintains operating systems and related software to ensure stable performance of the computing environment. Evaluates system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibilities.
• Recognizes and troubleshoots operating problems with server hardware and application software.
• Diagnosis hardware and software problems and recommends solutions and performs necessary system repairs.
• Researches, analyzes and recommends backup/security strategies as required.
• Performs installations of hardware, software, and operating systems upgrades, changes and configurations.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's Degree or related work experience required
Experience: Minimum 5 years of experience in a Windows Systems Administrator role
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Experienced System administration who has 5+ years of system administration with Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 operating systems.
• Expert in Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and Group Policy.
• Expert in maintaining server and storage environments including security patches, firmware upgrades, hot fixes, service packs, intermediate versions / full version upgrades.
• Experience with automated monitoring systems and technologies, with practical knowledge of MS SCOM/SCCM.
• Successfully Implemented Microsoft Clustering technology – Windows 2003, 2008, and 2012 platforms.
• Experience in server and desktop virtualization platforms such as VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix XenApp Server and XenDesktop preferred.
• Successfully implemented On-Prem Microsoft Exchange move to Microsoft Azure cloud.
• Strong scripting experience with Powershell is preferred
• Research and assess future technology options to support technology growth and maturity.
• Ability to provide technical leadership, mentorship and knowledge sharing for other technical staff in the department.
• Strong communication skills, analytical ability, judgment and the ability to work effectively with other systems technical staff, internal business customers, and external consultants and vendors.
License(s)/Certifications Required: GSEC or GCWN a plus
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 11 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran's or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn43k5-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.