POSITION SUMMARY: Design, build, and maintain software. Extensive interaction with product management, UI/UX designers, enterprise architects, and other software developers to design and develop innovative solutions to real market problems.
Location: Remote (TN). Candidate must reside in the Middle Tennessee area.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Provides technical leadership on all assigned projects to ensure delivery of valuable solutions in alignment with BMI's business needs, technological platform architecture, and overall SDLC. This includes understanding business requirements, adhering to technical architecture standards, recommending technical design, monitoring development and testing efforts, resolving technical issues, making technical decisions, and supporting deployment of the product.
• Participate in all phases of managing the Application Lifecycle Management: requirements analysis, development, testing, and implementation. Participate in technical logic and design discussions
• Identify the appropriate software architecture based on the requirements and on enterprise architecture guidelines
• Lead the review process for software architecture documents
• Contribute to the review and analysis of business requirements
• Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
• Work with UX/UI to improve and refine product visual design and consistency
• Create, maintain, and present technical documentation to different audiences and levels
• Perform resource, technical and risk assessments
• Work with other development, architecture, and product development teams to ensure delivery of product
• Work with 3rd party vendor on technical design/specifications, development, testing and deployment to ensure the product meets the requirements
• Assist in the timely completion of assigned development projects
• Prepare required documentation, including project plans, software program, and user documentation
• Assist in the estimation of personnel requirements, cost, and time for development projects
• Other duties as assigned
• Regular attendance
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Math or related industry experience
Front End - Experience:
• Eight (8) years Object Oriented development experience
• Eight (8) years C# project implementation experience (additional experience is strongly preferred)
• Strong hands-on expertise in developing C# server-side multi-threaded services
• Strong hands-on expertise in developing web applications utilizing ASP.NET MVC
• Strong hands-on experience with multi-tier design patterns and frameworks; MSDN Patterns, MVC, Entity Framework.
• Deep knowledge of the .NET framework amd a proficiency with Visual Studio
• Strong SQL experience: MS SQL Server preferred
• Proficiency in Team Foundation Server/VSTS is preferred
• Experience with industry standard communication protocols: REST, JSON XML AND SOAP
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies
• Experience developing Microsoft Azure systems is a plus
Skills and Abilities: This may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Must possess ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Must be a self-motivated team player who understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication, including a willingness to occasionally work in a pair-programming environment
• Must possess the ability to create and maintain artifacts including use cases, data flow charts, process flow diagrams, software requirements document, functional specifications document, etc.
• Must possess strong analytica, problem solving and technical documentation skills
• Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
• Experience with distributed systems or a large enterprise background is preferred
• Must have an excellent understanding and hands-on experience with design and development best practices
• Detail orientation and strong attention to detail
• Must have progressive achievement in job history
• Must be willing to work overtime, including weekends, when required
• Understanding of SDLC automation concepts such as continuous integration
• Must possess ability to implement strong unit and service-level tests
License(s)/Certifications Required: None
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 11 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
For the health and safety of our staff, all team members who are expected to work in BMI offices or interact with the public on BMI's behalf, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and pre-approved.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran's or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.
At least 8 years experience.
4 Year Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5w74z-3-225-221-151-42 in your application.