POSITION SUMMARY: Provides technical guidance and expertise to ensure efficient data center operations.
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Leads investigation and/or investigates and ensures resolution of all production processing problems for batch and on-line services.
• Assists systems and programming personnel as requested.
• Logs and documents Information Technology production problems, including creating trouble managing system records.
• Identifies recurring and potential operations problems.
• Recommends controls for prevention.
• Investigates alternative methods to expedite problem resolution.
• Responds to user requests for information and assists in problem resolution.
• Maintains contact with users on operational and production problems.
• Monitors and controls direct access storage device files to ensure effective space utilization.
• Allocates storage space and deletes obsolete files.
• Checks and logs space availability during shifts.
• Ensures complete and accurate production turnovers to next shift.
• Advises shift personnel regarding production status.
• Advises and consults on organizational, procedural and workflow plans, methods and procedures.
• Analyzes the results of monitoring the operating system and recommends changes to improve processing and utilization.
• Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
• Strives to learn the job functions of the position's immediate superior as well as peer level positions with whom the individual interacts.
• Regular attendance.
• Support BMI core values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
• Other duties as assigned.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• BS or BA degree in computer science, business administration, or related field is preferred
• Minimum seven years' experience in information technology and/or computer operations analysis and problem resolution.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software
• Collaboration and leadership
• Technical expertise
***This job is not eligible for remote work***
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability.
At least 7 years experience.
4 Year Degree
We are BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.), a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music.