Responsible for overseeing the dynamic space of affiliations and agreements. Strategically develop, implement, and continuously refine all departmental strategies related to affiliate onboarding and agreement processing. Manage multiple teams, interface with Executives across the organization, and take personal ownership over high-profile, sensitive, complex, and high-value transactions.
Nashville, TN office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Directs and manages the leaders responsible for the day-to-day activities of the affiliation and agreement processes.
• Serves as subject matter expert and process owner for high-value assignments and sales by publishers and institutional investors.
• Serves as the main point of contact, working with both the Creative team and external representatives, to successfully facilitate high value affiliations and royalty assignments.
• Works strategically with the Creative and Business Affairs teams to continuously improve our affiliation and agreement processes.
• Develops relationships with institutional investors and create strategies for how to work more synergistically.
• Works in coordination with the Legal and Creative teams, and other internal and external parties, to manage and resolve escalated and complex agreement and affiliation scenarios.
• Interacts with the Repertoire teams to ensure alignment between agreements, registrations, and works data quality.
• Provides tactical and strategic recommendations to improve affiliation and agreement service levels, policies, and procedures.
• Provides expertise and guidance to the Legal team regarding affiliation, agreement, and administration processes and best practices.
• Liaise between internal cross functional teams, affiliates, and partners to ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions.
• Analyzes and interprets data and copyright documentation to provide solutions for complex administration scenarios.
• Leads or works with other BMI team members on various task forces within the company to develop solutions and strategies for current and future BMI initiatives.
• Proactively communicates high-impact, pipeline transactions to key stakeholders, including Distribution and Creative, through multiple channels and forums, including those to be devised by this position.
• Develops relationships with peers at publishing companies, and other BMI customers, to create efficiencies and to increase the knowledge of BMI administration practices across the industry.
• Stays abreast of current industry trends relevant to BMI's business including, but not limited to, new acquisitions and sales, changes in methodologies, and trends in market, economic and regulatory conditions. Communicates necessary information with the administration management team.
• Identifies, plans, and implements continuous improvements in business processes and best practices.
• Creates, maintains, and reports relevant KPIs/metrics to illuminate and optimize team and process performance.
• Effectively communicates BMI policies, practices and procedures for affiliation, agreements, and other administration processes to internal and external customers.
• Identifies and defines system improvements that will enhance or improve agreement related processes.
• Supports the Distribution Product Owners by providing observations and recommendations for enhancements to the distribution supply chain.
• Participates in relevant technical and system re-engineering projects.
• Serves on special projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Directly supervises one (1) to ten (10) departmental employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's degree required. MBA and/or Music Business major preferred.
Experience: Minimum seven (7) years with related experience in music publishing, royalties and copyright administration preferred. Minimum four (4) years management experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Results driven with the ability to organize, prioritize, and follow-through.
• Ability to comprehend and summarize multiple sources of information, including legal documents, and make decisions based on the information.
• Thorough with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to interact professionally, both written and verbal, with a diverse population of internal and external customers.
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to problem solving.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet multiple deadlines within specific timeframes.
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality/discretion.
• Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience, and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, BMI offers a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below.
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 12 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran's or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rey1z5-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.