Warner Music Group
POSITION SUMMARY: Leverage analytical and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions in support of all company objectives, with a particular focus on the Administration Services and Digital Audio businesses. Apply deep knowledge of BMIs distribution/performance data-what exists where, and in what format, and the different tools needed to interact with it, in order to provide insights and recommendations that inform business decisions and process engineering.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Design and create complex distribution models, perform scenario testing and other forms of analysis to ensure BMIs delivery of a competitive and quality distribution.
• In partnership with department leadership, devise and execute distribution plans for all digital licenses where no music use reports are available, and competitive proprietary models are essential. Ensure BMI's approach is consistent, comprehensive, and logically robust.
• Perform extensive ad hoc/offline distribution processing. This includes data modeling, distribution file creation, data archiving, and quality assurance.
• Identify and implement new controls surrounding distribution to mitigate risk.
• Understand all aspects of the BMI distribution supply chain, including data structures, business processes, and distribution methodologies.
• Prepare various forms of analysis and business intelligence to support the negotiation of BMI licensing and Creative deals.
• As needed, provide analysis or data to support litigation, DOJ efforts, as well as other lobbying efforts.
• Use various technologies to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data sources and platform to support effective business decisions and/or processes.
• Develop and maintain a growing suite of reports and dashboards that service the information needs of various groups across Distribution & Administration.
• Partner with the business owners across the distribution supply chain to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design, develop and deliver tools, techniques, metrics and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
• Create quarterly publisher reports and analyze earnings trends for senior management and external clients.
• Support testing with the deployment of new systems and distributions.
• Support various business initiatives and projects as it relates to data analysis and reporting.
• Evangelize the use of data tools and best practices and ensure stakeholders' analytic needs are being met.
• Participate in continuous process improvement to ensure departmental efficiencies are identified, implemented and maintained
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises departmental team members. Will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training team members; planning, assigning, directing and ensuring reliability of work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree required with emphasis in Finance, Economics, or similar discipline preferred. Graduate Degree preferred.
• Understanding of BI and Data Warehouse Database Concepts.
• Minimum Three (3) years with related experience and/or a combination of the required technical skills listed below:
• Scripting experience
• Strong experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments)
• ANSII SQL experience required.
• Working experience with various BI Reporting Tools
• Demonstrated experience in analysis, preparation and presentation of data required
• Demonstrated ability to explore and quickly grasp technologies, data models and business processes
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and Access
• Familiarity with music industry preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
• Results driven
• Attention to detail; strong organization and project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Relationship skills
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability
At least 3 years experience.
* Bachelor's Degree required with emphasis in Finance, Economics, or similar discipline preferred. Graduate Degree preferred. * Understanding of BI and Data Warehouse Database Concepts., * Minimum Three (3) years with related experience and/or a combination of the required technical skills listed below: * Scripting experience * Strong experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments) * ANSII SQL experience required. * Working experience with various BI Reporting Tools * Demonstrated experience in analysis, preparation and presentation of data required * Demonstrated ability to explore and quickly grasp technologies, data models and business processes * Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel and Access * Familiarity with music industry preferred Skills and Abilities: * Critical thinking and problem-solving skills * Creativity * Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences * Results driven * Attention to detail; strong organization and project management skills * Ability to manage multiple projects * Relationship skills
4 Year Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw8ynn-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.
We are BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.), a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music.