Performs research and development activities that support the goals of revenue generation, which includes delivery of new business leads for Licensing Sales, along with research and verification needs for the Licensing Customer Relations and Accounting & Finance Collections teams.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
• Performs pro-active outbound calling to various markets to identify licensable music use and create sales opportunities from lead campaigns and other sources.
• Conducts verification activity on active customers, including confirmation of music profile changes, ownership changes, account maintenance, pre-calls, fee adjustments, license renewals, report forms, correspondence, and customer inquiries.
• Works with local government agencies researching details to shore up sales leads.
• Conducts initial sales outreach to qualify decision makers and business status.
• Conducts active base market review of businesses for status and circumstances; determines if revenue increases are required.
• Reviews Suspended accounts to reclaim revenues.
• Conducts review of business accounts identified for delinquent account status; prepares and issues Pre-Collection early communications as appropriate.
• Conducts Post-Collections reviews for possible business shutdowns.
• Review of accounts with unresolved balances due and credit balances to determine all info correct.
• Prepares report forms and license fee schedules as needed.
• Conducts research via telephone, internet, and other relevant systems and information sources.
• Updates customer relationship management (CRM) system with research and findings.
• Assists with administrative functions such as mail, ad hoc reports, and checking voicemail.
• Performs other duties and projects as needed.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Nashville, TN office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority
The specific base salary offered to a successful applicant will be based on individual qualifications, skills, experience, and education. The pay range is subject to change at any time based on various internal and external factors. The position may also be eligible for one or more performance-based bonuses. In addition to cash compensation, BMI offers a competitive portfolio of benefits to its employees, as described below.
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 12 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year experience in an office environment preferred. Customer service/telephone experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
• Strong telephone skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Research skills.
• Data entry skills.
• Database maintenance skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong analytical skills.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran's or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv8p0-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.