POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for performing various administrative tasks, resolving counterclaims, administering departmental mailboxes, and fulfilling various ad hoc requests in order to achieve departmental goals and provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
LOCATION: Nashville, TN office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Analyze, interpret, and process documentation and forms.
• Receive, research, and respond to various inquiries via email, postal mail, and telephone.
• Effectively communicate BMI's policies and procedures to internal and external customers as it relates to administration, account maintenance and copyright counterclaims/discrepancies.
• Review and manage writer and publisher affiliate catalogs to ensure the accurate distribution of royalties.
• Resolve copyright counterclaims and discrepancies.
• Research and prepare royalty adjustment requests as necessary.
• Work closely with the team to achieve department mission and vision.
• Work on special projects as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum one (1) year experience in the music industry preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Possess a working knowledge of the music industry and music publishing.
• Experience working with and maintaining database systems, reports, word processors and spreadsheets.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to interact professionally, both written and verbally, with a diverse population of internal and external customers.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Independent thinker who is self-motivated and able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Effectively use research skills to solve problems.
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
• Strong typing and proofreading skills.
License(s)/Certifications Required: None.
What We Give to You:
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• 401K with employer match
• Flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
• 11 paid calendar holidays
• Paid volunteer time off
• Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
• Company paid life insurance
• Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Tuition assistance for qualified team members
• Commuter benefits (New York)
• Amazing and engaging culture
• Employee Resource Groups
For the health and safety of our staff, all team members who are expected to work in BMI offices or interact with the public on BMI's behalf, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is requested and pre-approved.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran's or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.
At least 1 year experience.
4 Year Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp06qe-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.