Part-Time Content Writer
POSITION SUMMARY: Generates a variety of digital content and editorial communications for multiple audiences. Produces clear, compelling copy, and demonstrates strong attention to detail. Works closely with the AVP of Content & Editorial Communications and collaborates with colleagues across departments. Develops content for company websites, drafts business communications, writes remarks and speeches, and contributes to year-end reports, among other projects.
LOCATION: New York, NY office. BMI has transitioned back to working in the office on a regular hybrid schedule. At present, most team members are expected in the office three (3) days a week. Decisions regarding future transitions will take place in phases as BMI continues to closely monitor COVID-19 as employee safety is our priority.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Write compelling content for various high-level corporate projects, marketing and press materials, presentations, as well as special editorial projects.
• Draft engaging remarks and speeches for various events.
• Assist with writing year-end reports, along with other quarterly and annual communications.
• Create engaging content across platforms, including researching, writing, and editing articles, as well as conducting interviews.
• Contribute to company's digital publications.
• Proofread and fact-check various corporate documents.
• Collaborate with colleagues on Content team (social media, video, content creators, internal communications), as well as Corporate Communications & Marketing department (including Media Relations, Online Development, Design & Brand) to help support corporate initiatives.
• Assist AVP of Content & Editorial Communications with projects as needed.
• Regular attendance.
• Work closely with team members at all levels across the organization.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Support our BMI Core Values and cultivate a culture of diversity and inclusion.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor's Degree in journalism, communications, digital content marketing or related field preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience within a corporate communication, digital content marketing or editorial setting. Minimum of 5 years' relevant communications/journalism/editorial experience.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong copy-editing abilities.
• Ability to adapt to writing in ''the BMI voice.''
• Ability to rewrite and self-edit as needed to consistently deliver high-quality work that requires minimal revisions.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Adaptable in both style and content to various audiences and platforms.
• Self-starter who can determine priorities and demonstrate excellent follow-through.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple projects, and meet tight deadlines.
• Comfortable working and communicating with colleagues across all levels of the organization.
• Conscientious, highly organized, and detail oriented.
• Understands SEO best practices.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs.
• Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Enthusiasm and knowledge of music and popular culture a plus.
Team members who are expected to work in BMI offices, travel for business, or interact with the public on BMI's behalf must submit proof of vaccination unless contrary to state regulations or a reasonable accommodation is requested and approved.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without of race, color, sex, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran's or marital status, disability, or any other cultural factor.
At least 5 years experience.
4 Year Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qn92-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.