POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for performing accounting activities related to revenue, month-end close, account reconciliations and financial reporting. This position is required to meet deadlines, be flexible to do other tasks when needed and work without direct supervision.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
• Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
• Lead the preparation of 10-20 monthly journal entries related to Licensing Accounting for month-end closing.
• Lead the preparation of many general ledger account reconciliations (approx. 50), meeting established deadlines, and reconciling items in a timely manner.
• Take a lead role in the year-end audit related to Licensing Accounting.
• Compile and analyze accounting records and other data to explain financial results of business operations.
• Participate in the preparation of the monthly financial statements (blue book) as needed.
• Exhibit competent communication skills in meetings with other staff and Executives (such as the monthly revenue meeting).
• Assist the team with billing adjustments, invoicing, customer inquiries and other duties as assigned to ensure adequate coverage.
• Prepare reports and memorandums using critical thinking skills.
• Participate in system testing as needed.
• Develop, document and update policies and procedures as needed.
• Work with other departments as necessary.
• Participate in special projects as needed.
• Adhere to internal controls and accounting policies.
• Continually update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
• Maintain high standards through use of ''best practices.''
• Regular attendance.
• Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required. Masters and/or CPA (candidate)
Experience: Minimum 2 years' accounting experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Access).
• Experience with Oracle Financials modules preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to details.
• Capable of handling multiple tasks while meeting the established deadlines.
• Ability to understand related accounting policies and procedures
• Strong listening skills and the ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbally, in a professional manner.
• Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to changes and quickly learn new processes.
• Must be a team player, flexible, open to challenges, and have the ability to interact with all levels of company personnel.
BROADCAST MUSIC, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status or disability
At least 2 years experience.
4 Year Degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7o9k-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.