WarnerMedia seeks a Software Engineering Manager for the Bleacher Report Tech Ops department.
• Lead, manage, and scale one of our multidisciplinary, agile engineering teams
• Drive project planning, sprint planning, and sprint execution
• Oversee the technical strategy, direction, effectiveness, and happiness of your teams
• Invest in people! Helping engineers advance their skills and careers through one-on-ones, growth and development plans, and performance feedback
• Communicate with peers, senior leadership, and direct reports on progress against short and long-term goals
• Work with engineering leads, QA, and product management to reinforce strategies around process improvement
• 2+ years of engineering management experience with a demonstrated track record of tactical execution and strong team building
• Experience delivering products in an agile environment with a geographically distributed team
• Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor. Bonus points high-growth Consumer app experience.
• Willingness to lead initiatives and a catalyst for change throughout the whole organization
• Exceptional verbal, written communication, and organizational skills, along with interpersonal skills that allow for collaboration across a diverse group of people
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
• 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
• Running software services on Amazon Web Services (or other Cloud providers)
• Familiarity with video streaming technologies (HLS, CMAF, segmentation, playback)
• Contributions to the OSS community
• Public speaking
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88kmx-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.