Software Engineer, Front-End
Remote / Virtual
WarnerMedia seeks a Software Engineer II, Android for the Bleacher Report Tech Ops department.
• Bleacher Report is the premier social sports app, and serves as a destination for millions of fans all over the world to read, watch, listen, and discuss what's happening in the world of sports. We pride ourselves on delivering a rich fan experience by using the latest and greatest technologies, sweating the small stuff, and continuing to iterate. Specifically, you'll be working within our video product focus area. This group is responsible for the technologies that power our on-demand and live video streaming experience. How you'll build it:
• We primarily develop in Kotlin, while supporting some core functionality that's still in Java. We aren't afraid to include new OS features in our apps and currently supporting Android OS 24. We work closely with the engineers writing and maintaining our custom web services when building new features or refactoring old ones. We discuss approaches to problems early and often, review each other's code, and are open to suggestions.
• 2+ years experience with Java, Kotlin, or both
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• Proficiency with the Android development ecosystem
• Proficiency with Java & Kotlin with a desire to continue learning the ins and outs of the language as it evolves.
• Strong understanding of Gradle
• Strong understanding of RxJava and Coroutines
• Strong understanding of MVVM architecture
• Strong understanding of ExoPlayer framework, with experience working on a media-rich app
• Experience using ViewModels and LiveData
• Familiarity with video streaming technologies (HLS, CMAF, segmentation, playback)
• Strong understanding of Android architecture
• Proficiency in Kotlin especially around interoperability with Java
• Experience and proficiency with using Android JetPack libraries
• Experience using Room
• Experience with dependency injection
• Experience working in a large codebase
• Experience building test frameworks
• Experience working with Web sockets
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkjnp-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.