Senior Social Media & Digital Publishing Specialist
London, United Kingdom
We're looking for a football fanatic and culture junkie who knows how to find and distribute engaging football content. This person should have high knowledge of social media and sports, content planning, and editorial packaging strategy. Bleacher Report's programming team works virtually around the clock to give a fresh and unique look to sports fans wherever they consume content. To ensure that Bleacher Report provides the best user experience across platforms, Bleacher Report's programmers' responsibilities include distributing breaking news, distributing internal/external content, creating social media posts, posting highlights, writing hooks/captions, and assisting the editorial staff in new story idea generation. This role will specialize in programming BR Football content during both weekdays and weekends and will assist when major news breaks from other leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, Colleges etc.).
• Identifying breaking news, viral content hits, and video highlights in real-time.
• Publishing identified content immediately to social accounts that he/she is running independently.
• Setting the tone, look, and feel of Bleacher Report and BR Football's social media accounts.
• News and social media monitoring to identify what is trending in sports and relevant pop culture.
• Helping create content plans around tentpole events on the sports calendar and/or emerging social media platforms.
• Timely and clean stylized hook writing in line with the social voice of our accounts.
• Swift editorial response and decision making, often without supervisor's oversight.
• Assisting and collaborating with the editorial staff in new story idea generation.
• Solid professional experience in social media (either in-house or agency-side)
• High-level social/mobile media understanding in the realms of sports and culture.
• Excellent proficiency using Instagram, Tik Tok, YouTube Twitter, and Facebook.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail and editing skills/experience; formal editing background is not required but a keen eye for punctuation and grammar is important.
• Familiarity with basic photo editing and a working or advanced knowledge of Photoshop.
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with Crowdtangle.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang, and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies, and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.