Software Engineer, Mobile
San Francisco, CA
WarnerMedia seeks a Sr. Content Programmer for the Programming – BR department. The Senior Programmer is responsible for finding engaging sports content for B/R's mobile app and website. They are tasked with covering breaking news, sending push notifications, curating content and fostering in-app communities. They will be a leader on the team that owns projects, creates and executes push notification plans and run event coverage around key tentpole events throughout the sports calendar.
• Own strategy for push notifications, in-app experience and event coverage for the B/R app
• Craft push notification and curation plans around tentpole events, breaking news, viral moments in sports and culture
• Utilize and shape B/R's voice as you plan content distribution across the app and desktop
• Build and curate communities within B/R app, help seed conversation
• This role may require the employee to regularly appear on-camera or have their voice used on video as needed (as mutually agreed upon)
• Passionate sports fan, 3-5 years of professional experience preferred
• Frequent user of B/R app, understanding how it works as a user from an alerts and stream curation perspective
• A keen awareness of Bleacher Report's voice. When breaking news happens, be expected to know how B/R reacts on multiple platforms
• Well versed in the world of Twitter, social media. Knowing the top sources for scoops and top fan voices across various communities.
• Monitoring major sports sites, and other social aggregation tools are examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis
• Experience leading small teams and/or projects/events
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred.
• Video editing (Clipro) experience a plus.
• Graphic experience is a plus
• Willingness to work nights and high-leverage weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5x96-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.