The Content Programmer I is responsible for finding engaging sports content for B/R's mobile app, website and communities. They are tasked with covering breaking news, sending push notifications and curating content and fostering in-app communities. They will also own projects, execute push notification plans and run event coverage around key tentpole events throughout the sports calendar
• Create push notifications about breaking news, viral moments in sports and culture
• Create content plans around tentpole events throughout the sports calendar.
• Program the best content about relevant leagues and teams across all platforms
• Help utilize B/R's voice as you distribute content across platforms
• Build and curate communities within B/R app, help seed conversation
• Passionate sports fan, 1-3 years of professional experience preferred
• Frequent user of B/R app, understanding how it works as a user
• A keen awareness of Bleacher Report's voice. When breaking news happens, be expected to know how B/R reacts on multiple platforms
• Well versed in the world of sports culture. Monitoring Twitter, major sports sites, and other social aggregation tools are examples of activities an ideal candidate would perform on a daily basis
• Previous experience sending push notifications a plus
• Experience in leading small teams and/or projects/events
• Expert knowledge of MLB, College sports, Soccer, Combat Sports a plus
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred. Graphic experience is a plus
• Ability to work nights and weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3bb2-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.