We are seeking a Writer for the Breaking News Team at Bleacher Report, a division of Turner Sports. Bleacher Report is the site of choice for the next generation of sports fans, engaging millions of users every month with its comprehensive, insightful and entertaining content. This position offers a solid starting point from which to build a career with Bleacher Report.
Writers in this role produce news articles around the day's biggest national stories and upcoming events, using existing reports, reaction and social media to create content in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
If you are interested in being considered for the role, please submit a cover letter along with your application.
• Work with editors to update existing news stories and to create new reports.
• Create high-visibility pieces of content around sports' biggest events, on-field action and off-field issues.
• Follow protocol to meet demands of deadline-driven operation that works closely with Bleacher Report's Programming and Quality Control departments to create clean, engaging, accurate and timely content.
• Strong knowledge of a wide variety of sports, with some in-depth specialities.
• 1-3 years relevant experience in digital sports media.
• Ability to write about all aspects of sports on and off the field.
• Ability to write quickly and cleanly, according to AP style.
• Ability to use a variety of media to illustrate content.
• Comfort in online publishing and word-processing systems.
• Ability to navigate social media for newsworthy reactions to sports events.
• Effective communication and multi-tasking skills.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke84k-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.