Sales Associate - International Sales
Penguin Random House
New York, NY
WarnerMedia seeks an Assistant Manager, App Programming for the Programming – BR department.
The Assistant Manager, Content Programming is responsible for day-to-day management and content strategy of Bleacher Report's app. They will lead B/R's app strategy on in-stream experience and curation, hook writing and content packaging, partnering with our editorial team, as well as serve as a direct manager and mentor to a team of 7+ junior programmers
• Innovate around in-app experience, making sure streams are the most curated versions of top news, reactions and analysis
• Help build and develop communities within the app to integrate them into everyday user behavior
• Utilize analytics platform to track and optimize engagement across the app and better understand user experience, behavior
• Manage team of 4-7 direct reports
• Collaborate closely with editorial teams to ensure goals are met
• Work alongside and meet with other departments (social, product, etc.) and portfolio brands (b/r kicks, b/r gaming, b/r betting, etc) to optimize user experience
• Help craft push notification and curation plans around tentpole events, breaking news, viral moments in sports and culture
• Help hiring and onboarding new hires
• This role may require the employee to regularly appear on-camera or have their voice used on video as needed (as mutually agreed upon)
• Passionate sports fan with 5+ years experience in digital media, social media or content curation
• Frequent user of B/R app, understanding how it works as a user from an alerts and stream experience, curation perspective
• Experience leading small teams, developing junior reports and realizing their full potential Innovator.
• Ability to take lead and run point on projects
• A keen awareness of Bleacher Report's voice + extensive knowledge of internet sports culture. When breaking news happens, be expected to know how B/R reacts on multiple platforms
• Willingness to be available high-leverage nights and weekends (sports, duh)
• Experience with analytics platforms preferred.
• Previous experience, understanding of newsletters is preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vkbn-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.