Billboard seeks a Social Media Editor to help distribute content to our 60 million-strong social audience. This person will work closely with our editors and should share a journalist's sensibility for packaging content and crafting copy that engages our audience and delivers traffic.
• Execute social distribution of Billboard content on key platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Pitch and create social-first content for Billboard's accounts to boost engagement
• Conduct and transcribe video interviews and craft news roundups for social platforms
• Event marketing
• Organic partnership promotion
• Sponsored content (as needed)
• Export and analyze social data to identify trends and help inform strategy
• Cover live events (couch coverage and IRL). There will be times when coverage is needed outside of normal business hours (award shows, breaking news)
• Write and update pre-existing lists for SEO and social use
• Write occasional news stories and contribute to staff editorial projects
• Flag breaking news on social to newsroom editors
• An avid pop culture and music fan (all genres!)
• 2-3 years working in a fast-paced newsroom or media organization
• Understanding of AP Style and copywriting
• Able to identify newsworthy content
• A team player who can juggle concurrent projects
• Familiarity with WordPress
• Basic video editing skills (TikTok, Reels)
• Basic photo editing skills (Photoshop)
• Cover live events (couch coverage and IRL). There will be times when coverage is needed outside of normal business hours (award shows, breaking news) including weekends.
• Typical range: $65K-$75k. Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits.
PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC's paid healthcare plan, for this role the company pays 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an ''at-will position'' and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
Billboard is the world's most influential music media brand reaching key executives and tastemakers in and around the music business through Billboard Magazine and millions of music fans through Billboard.com and Billboard Events. The Billboard brand is built on its exclusive charts and unrivaled reporting on the latest news, issues and trends across all genres of music. Billboard receives hundreds of millions of brand impressions daily through many strategic relationships with major companies across various industries. These relationships leverage Billboard's brand recognition, proprietary chart data and information resources to develop products, live events and print, television, radio, digital and mobile platforms. In addition to North America, Billboard operates businesses in Brazil, Greece, Japan, Korea and Russia
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate audience of over 300 million globally. Since 2004, PMC has been a pioneer in digital media reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Variety, Rolling Stone, The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard, Dick Clark Productions, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Deadline, TVLine, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Fairchild Media, Vibe, IndieWire, Artforum, Gold Derby, Spy.com and Luminate, the premier data and analytics company. PMC's journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth, and courage. In addition, PMC owns several vital cultural events such as SXSW, LA3C, Life is Beautiful, Latin Music Week and ATX Television Festival. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. PMC is committed to fostering a working environment that is inclusive and responsible, where we value a company culture built on all backgrounds, voices, and experiences. For more information on the company, please visit www.PMC.com
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r15j9e-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.