FOX Sports, the industry leader in live events, is the umbrella entity representing Fox Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes, as well as a joint-venture business in the Big Ten Network and digital properties including http://FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App. FOX Sports has delivered the most watched television program, NFL's America's Game of the Week on FOX, for fourteen consecutive years.
The Big Ten Network is looking for a Technical Operations Manager to join the StudentU Program in Chicago, IL! This position will work closely with Big Ten athletic department staff and students to troubleshoot any equipment issues and answer technical questions, as well as help them plan for equipment purchases and upgrades for the future of live events on the B1G+ platform. The candidate should have familiarity working with broadcast equipment including switchers, replay machines, graphics engines, cameras, and more. Additionally, you will collaborate with the BTN StudentU team on the creation of production policies, procedures, and training manuals as well as help monitor and ensure the quality of individual streams airing live on the B1G+ platform.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Troubleshoot equipment issues and respond to technical questions from athletic department staff and students
• Coordinate needed repairs and track equipment that has been sent to third-party partners
• Manage equipment budget and consult with schools on equipment upgrades and planning
• Work with engineering and IT departments to ensure full functionality of school-issued flypacks and streaming equipment
• Develop equipment standards and growth planning for production of B1G+ streams on campus
• Develop and maintain equipment database for network owned/provided gear
• Create training videos and documentation for students on various equipment
• Collaborate with the StudentU team on monitoring live events on the B1G+ platform, including assisting with in-game troubleshooting and providing feedback to student production crews
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 2-3 years of experience in live event video production
• Familiarity with technical aspects of broadcast equipment, including switchers, replay machines, graphics engines, cameras, cabling, signal flow, and networking
• Capability to manage multiple high-profile projects and provide strong leadership and solid decision-making skills under tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate and work with multiple stakeholders from different departments and outside of the network
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
• Background in sports production and an interest in college sports
• Familiarity working with the following broadcast equipment: Ross Xpression, Ross Carbonite, Viz Trio, Newtek Tricaster, Newtek 3Play, Evertz DreamCatcher, JVC Cameras, Riedel Intercom
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz4wj7-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.