The Big Ten Network is looking for a Studio Producer to join their team in Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Vice President, Studio Production, and work closely with the Coordinating Producer on show content and presentation. As the Producer, you will produce our regular studio content surrounding our live event coverage; including the daily studio show Monday-Friday in season called Big Ten Today, which highlights the great performances and general daily discussion of the Big Ten. Sports include football, basketball, volleyball, wrestling, hockey, baseball, softball, and lacrosse. You will also produce a nightly show entitled, The B1G Show which is a nightly re-cap of the various events of the day. In addition, the studio team produces a wide variety of press conference shows surrounding football and basketball, and the producer will collaborate with the studio team to produce any late-breaking news stories within the Big Ten conference. Similar to a collegiate sports calendar, the majority of studio shows and content are produced in the months of mid-August to early June.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build show rundowns, work with on-air talent and technical personnel in the execution of studio shows
• Regular communication with the Assignment Manager in the booking of guests including student-athletes and coaches within the Big Ten
• Regular communication with the transmission and edit teams to ensure that all content is being recorded and edited in the formation of show content
• Regular communication with the live event remote staff in the coordination of pre-game and post-game content
• Produce a wide variety of shows including football and basketball pre-game, halftime, and post-game shows
• Effectively time-out shows that vary in length depending on the assignment
• Strong news sense in the ability to produce breaking news press conferences with a short amount of preparation time
• Field produce shows such as the football pre-season tour before the start of the football season
• Work in unison with the production staff and assigned freelance support on nightly assignments, mentor less experienced freelance personnel
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3-5 years of television studio line-producing experience
• Strong knowledge of college sports
• Good organizational and project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work without supervision in a live broadcast environment
• Be able to adapt to changes easily, flexible schedule, and possess strong attention to detail
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong leadership skills
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in communications, television, or film production
• Knowledge of INEWS
• Familiarity with VIZ graphics packages as well as desktop editing experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvz6z0-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.