The Big Ten Network (BTN) is seeking a full-time Junior Motion Graphic Designer to join their team based in Chicago. The junior motion graphics designer will be working with the rest of the design department assisting with source versioning and building additional elements. As the Junior Motion Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for cutting out headshots, action cutouts, and logos for live event and studio production. You will also be tasked with using After Effects to create multiple versions of existing graphics based upon existing templates. It is to be expected that our Junior Motion Graphic Designer will be managing the process of rendering and converting to a variety of different formats. This position will report to the Senior Director of Graphics.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage projects through the production workflow
• Projects include but not limited to:
• Cutting headshots
• Cutting action stills
• Formatting logos
• Taking existing elements and versioning based upon team and look
• Making matchup elements for live events using After Effects and Cinema 4D
• Receive and understand creative and technical feedback
• Manage multiple projects at the same time to meet multiple approval timelines
• Communicate when elements are rendered to various departments
• Maintain the render queue and keeping various formats organized
• Update templates as information changes
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Knowledge and understanding of Big Ten collegiate sports and graphics
• Be able to work in a team environment, but also be a self-starter, capable of working independently
• Understanding and knowledge of broadcast technology platforms and motion graphic design software packages – Adobe Suite: After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator. Cinema 4D or other broadcast 3D Software
• Organized, detail oriented, proactive, and a team player
• Ability to meet production deadlines
• Ability to receive feedback but also giving creative feedback to the rest of the team in review sessions
• Demonstrated ability to multitask to manage multiple projects and meet strategic deadlines in a dynamic environment
• Flexible schedule to work nights and weekends as well as remotely or in-person
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Undergraduate degree in design, graphics, or broadcast related fields
• Experience or internship in the broadcast design or related design field
• Strong knowledge of live sports production related techniques and broadcast graphic systems
• Understanding and knowledge of Vizrt graphic design or operation
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8ye2-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.