On the heels of a record year in 2020 and continued momentum in 2021, BET is looking to further its leadership position and continue to bring renewed excitement and energy to fans, viewers and the Black community. Given the importance of daily engagement, BET is looking to accelerate and redefine its social strategy and voice. The new head of Social Marketing will be a critical member of the marketing leadership team in reimagining the BET Master brand, its award winning content and its role in advancing culture.
The Social Media VP has four principal responsibilities that include developing and executing a growth strategy for all social media platforms. Identifying and employing innovative social tools and tactics to increase community engagement. This individual will work closely with the brand marketing, sales, digital editorial and originals teams to develop creative social-first content that improves brand reach, engagement and revenue-generating initiatives.
• Create BET's overall social media strategy across all platforms. The ideal candidate will own BET's voice across social media so that it is consistent and reflects our purpose, positioning and editorial vision and content.
• Develop and execute organic social marketing strategies for new and returning series, tentpole events, franchise launches and pro-social initiatives.
• Lead all aspects of editorial calendar and publishing across all BET social platforms
• Align and plan strategically with internal partners, including digital editorial, sales, and franchise planning.
• Interpret and analyze all available data and make strategic and tactical recommendations based on those insights.
• Form strategic partnerships with established and emerging social platforms.
• Stay up to date and pursue partnerships with the latest analytics tools, vendors and social agencies that will best move our business forward.
• Build social media guidelines that outline that voice as well as defines how we use each individual platform.
• Stay informed about standard methodologies for social media, and changes in platforms' algorithms, tools, and policies.
• Work with the editorial team to build original social-first content, including gifs, memes, and other branding-related tools.
• Participate in editorial meetings and editorial and sales/marketing projects.
• Track success through engagement rates, growth statistics, social engagement/responses and other metrics.
• 8-10 years experience in social media
• Prior experience developing teams consisting of at least 5 members
• Possess proficiency in major social platforms' standard methodologies, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tik Tok, working knowledge of secondary platforms (Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitch, etc.) and a keen eye for emerging platforms and trends.
• A shown affinity for the BET brand, culture and the causes/issues that impact the Black community
• Experience collaborating with sales and cross-functional department
• Demonstrated excellence on building social campaigns of all types: organic, paid, influencers, and content marketing.
• Experience briefing and running workflow with outside agencies, plus possessing a robust database of the best social agencies.
• Deep understanding of all mainstream and some emerging social channels.
• Experience building creative social native content
• Strong writing and editing skills.
• Excellent time-management and planning skills
• Strong knowledge of data analytics and other programs that support social content.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3bj6-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.