Overview and Responsibilities
As a Vice President of 360 Consumer Marketing & Brand Strategy at BET Networks, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing strategies to drive awareness of and engagement for BET programming and brand initiatives. The main objective of the marketing programs is to drive tune in for BET linear while delivering unpredented brand love for the BET master brand. Key focus areas for the role include developing show launch strategies, leading franchise brief development, and building winning cross functional launch plans that include insights, media strategy, creative executions, digital marketing, show experiential, and performance research. The role will report directly to the SVP of Brand Strategy & Marketing. The ideal candidate will be an experienced marketing professional with strong analytic and project management skills, a thoughtful and curious nature, as well as the ability to solve problems creatively and independently.
• Development and execution of BET brand strategies designed to drive brand health and love for BET.
• Manage execution of marketing campaigns in collaboration with other departments across disciplines (On-Air, Digital, Social, Press/Special Events, etc.)
• Source, manage, and collaborate with agency partners to build fully integrated campaigns across all platforms and touchpoints including digital, TV, out-of-home, radio and experiential that are efficient and effective
• Develop marketing briefs by compiling research, insights, competitive analysis
• Identify unique partnership opportunities that reinforce the BET brand
• Attend and execute on-site marketing events as needed in support of consumer marketing initiatives
• Successfully create internal and external presentations (decks, one-sheets, recap reports, etc.)
• Budget tracking for campaigns and initiatives
• Partner with Research, Programming, Digital, and other applicable departments to analyze performance, monitor partnership investment for improvements ensuring overall ROI goals are being met
• Operate as the connective tissue for brands and various corporate departments to share information across the organization
• Minimum 10+ years of experience in marketing, advertising, or media strategy preferred
• Deomnate strong analytic thinking and ability to operate as a business owner
• Ability to project-manage from start to finish (and manage up, when necessary)
• Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
• Flexibility, initiative, appetite for dynamic environment
• Strong interpersonal, relationship-development skills
• Effective problem-solver with ''can-do'' attitude
• Excellent attention to detail and strong powerpoint skills
• Well-organized with a strong ability to prioritize and a master at multi-tasking
• Fans of BET!