Social Media Producer
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
The Social Media Producer, Branded Content will be responsible for ideating, writing, editing, scheduling, and publishing content across BET's social footprint. The candidate executes show strategy, leads on various tentpoles ideates, and produces social-specific content specific to each show. The Social Media Producer will directly collaborate with the sales and brand solutions teams to ensure that all confirmed branded executions fall within social platform guidelines and are crafted with respect for BET's tone, voice, and core audience. This will also include editing copy, scheduling posts, and delivery of live links to the Brand Solutions team to confirm full campaign delivery.
• 5+ years working in social media, preferably for a television, entertainment, or media company
• Proficiency in crafting content for and publishing to all major social platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tik Tok, Snapchat, and awareness of emerging trends and platforms
• Familiarity with each platform's standard methodologies and the ability to request content with those in mind
• Knowledge of individual platform guardrails regarding Branded Content
• Copy-editing and light video editing experience
• Previous experience with social CMS and publishing tools, such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite, or Tweetdeck
• Strong written communication and copywriting skills, especially for social platforms
• Deep understanding of BET's history
• Experience working with talent to collect content
• A passion for entertainment and social media
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vk44-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
About The Brand
BET Networks, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.