Overview & Responsibilities
Looking for an exciting opportunity in entertainment and social media? The Director, Brand Social will be responsible for ideating, writing, editing, scheduling and publishing content across BET's social footprint that reflects BET brand priorities and the culture that the brand drives. The candidate will: help develop and execute a growth strategy for all social media platforms; help identify and employ innovative social tools and tactics to increase community engagement; develop a social calendar of topical and franchise content.
• Hone BET's voice across social media so that it is consistent and reflects our editorial vision and content.
• Track success through engagement rates, growth statistics, reader responses and other metrics.
• Participate in editorial meetings and editorial and sales/marketing projects.
• Work with the editorial team to create original social-first content, including gifs, memes, and other branding-related tools.
• Stay informed about best practices for social media, and changes in platforms' algorithms, tools, and policies.
• 5+ years working in social media, preferably for a television, entertainment or media company.
• Possess proficiency in major social platforms' standard methodologies, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tik Tok, working knowledge of secondary platforms (Tumblr, Pinterest, Twitch, etc.) and a keen eye for emerging platforms and trends.
• Proficiency in creating content for and publishing to all social platforms and some secondary and emerging platforms.
• Strong knowledge of data analytics and other programs that support social content.
• Knowledge of individual platform guardrails regarding Branded Content
• Previous experience with social CMS and publishing tools, such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite or Tweetdeck
• Strong written communication and copy writing skills, especially for social platforms
• Experience working with talent to capture content
• Deep understanding of BET's history and core audience
• A proven affinity for the BET brand and the issues and people that impact the African American community
• Fan of BET!
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkzq5-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.