New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Social Media Producer, Linear, will be tasked with ideating, writing, editing, scheduling, and publishing content to support BET programming and overall affinity across BET's social footprint. This includes collaborating with the internal marketing team, design teams, and talent/production resources to deliver a robust strategy in support of shows and linear tentpoles. The candidate will also analyze the performance of social content and optimize it for future executions. They will also be responsible for community management of specific properties, crafting and posting content to show specific accounts, depending on need and workload.
• 5+ years working in social media, preferably for television, entertainment, or media company
• Proficiency in crafting content for and publishing to all major social platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Tik Tok, Snapchat, and awareness of emerging trends and platforms
• Familiarity with each platform's standard methodologies and the ability to request content with those in mind
• Knowledge of individual platform guardrails regarding Branded Content
• Copy-editing and light video editing experience
• Previous experience with social CMS and publishing tools, such as Sprinklr, Hootsuite, or Tweetdeck
• Strong written communication and copywriting skills, especially for social platforms
• Deep understanding of BET's history and core audience
• Experience working with talent to collect content
• A passion for entertainment and social media
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5ke3-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
About The Brand
BET Networks, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.