Account Supervisor With Sustainability Expertise, CSR & Social Impact Practice
New York, NY
Overview and Responsibilities
If you are looking to join a dynamic and progressive organization to utilize your strong PR skills; this is the role for you. You will work in a team oriented environment who are hardworking and dedicated!
You will develop and execute comprehensive and creative communications strategies for scripted and unscripted original series, as well as Award shows and specials for BET Networks.
The Senior Publicist will have an opportunity to liaise with production to coordinate on-set press visits for assigned programming or specials.
• He/She will pitch and secure coverage across a broad range of media and seasonal network programming stories (TV previews and highlights), and respond to media requests for pre-premiere, in-season and bridge/evergreen stories
• Proactively identify traditional and unique opportunities to improve press coverage across multiple platforms
• Track budgets for media campaigns. Build, write and disseminate press materials for programming including press releases, talking points, fact sheets, briefings, show synopses, pitches and media alerts/items. Identify and pull clips for strategic placement; make recommendations for review coverage. Cultivate and expand positive relationships with the media across broadcast, print (weekly, long lead), online/blogger (mainstream, niche), and entertainment trade segments, as well as emerging media
• Will spearhead communications with trade outlets to message production news stories
• Work cross-functionally to nurture relationships with internal and external partners to strategize and execute successful promotional campaigns
• Work closely with show creators/executives, talent, production and programming executives, as well as outside PR representatives
• Will work across departments including original programming, marketing, legal, digital, social media, creative services, post production to ensure an open pipeline between content creation, promotion and publicity. Partner with social and digital teams to share assets, collect content and coordinate roll-out strategies across all platforms
• The publicist will plan and execute all aspects of press events including local/regional/national media tours, SMTs, press junkets, etc.
The ideal candidate will join the PR team in staffing tentpole events, escorting talent, running red carpet flow, staffing the ''top of carpet'', and filling in media gaps when needed.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in the public relations industry.
• Proven interest in the entertainment industry, with particular emphasis on experience at a broadcast or cable network
• Ability to support initiatives that require teamwork in a fast-paced environment and maintain a positive and professional demeanor
• Self-starter who can juggle competing deliverables at one time under time constraints
• Ability to create and follow timelines and be successfully detailed.
• Social media tools guru
• Excellent communicator with strong oral and writing skills