Overview and Responsibilities:
We're looking for a dynamic, driven and savvy Art Director with a knowledge, passion, curiosity and love of black culture to support what's hot, what's next and what matters at BET Networks. The Art Director will be responsible for leading a multidisciplinary team in conceptualizing and producing design for brand, promo and 360 marketing campaigns. Reporting to the VP Design, he/she will collaborate with Creative Directors, Art Directors, Writer / Producers, Copywriters and others to develop on-brand strategic solutions across all platforms. He/she will manage the creative work of the designers and animators, from research to storyboarding, pitching to production. He/she will be expected to inspire and motivate the team, providing direction, creative vision and constructive feedback.
Our ideal candidate will be a seasoned Art Director with experience in both print and motion design. The Art Director will serve as the project lead for each assignment - guiding design development across all platforms including print, digital, social and linear. We will look to the AD to maintain the highest creative, conceptual and production standards, while constantly ensuring brand integrity and consistency.
• Direct all aspects of design development for deliverables ranging from campaign key art and out-of-home executions to animated show opens; from custom-branded pieces and digital assets to animated promo packages
• Lead in all stages of the creative process, from interpreting the creative brief, research and development to storyboarding and full production
• Present concepts in fully-produced pitches to the internal team as well as outside clients and partners
• Direct production through to delivery, including directing 2D and 3D animation and editorial
• Direct and collaborate with photographers, illustrators, retouch artists and printers
• Work closely with the Design Production Coordinator to manage production schedules, team assignments and project deliverables
• Work as a hands-on designer when necessary, closely guiding conceptual development through every step of production
• Take responsibility to ensure on-time delivery of the highest quality product
• Build and maintain effective relationships with clients across the department and network, as well as with outside production partners and vendors
• Direct the work of outside vendors as needed
• Help maintain and manage an efficient work flow among the team
• Support the designers and animators with encouragement and constructive feedback
• Manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced creative environment
• Stay current and up-to-date with current design trends, techniques and processes; seek out and recommend new best practices
• Inspire and motivate the team to produce outstanding work
• Conceptualize and direct still photo shoots
• 8+ years of design, media, and/or relevant entertainment industry experience
• 3+ years of art direction / project lead experience
• Advanced skills in motion and print design, demonstrating strong creative and art direction abilities
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, InDesign)
• Working knowledge of C4D
• Advanced photo retouching and compositing skills
• Experience managing teams of 2D and 3D animators
• Flawless communication and presentation skills
• Ability to mentor junior staff
• Knowledge of printing processes and principles (including paper and press specification, pre-press proofing etc)
• Experience directing photo shoots and working with celebrity talentI-NE1
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5ko87-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.