Manager- Subscriber Acquisition
We're looking for a Director of Scripted Programming to cover current shows and movies and shepherd new and engaging series to our cable network and sister streaming platform.
• Help establish the strategic development goals of the department by identifying trends, brainstorming ideas, determining needs, etc.
• Cover several shows simultaneously
• Field pitches, read specs, identify new business opportunities and secure new talent for projects in development.
• Provide notes on story documents, outlines, scripts and cuts for current shows and projects in development.
• Build and manage relationships with production partners, including studio executives, third party production companies, producers, writers, directors, actors, agents, managers, etc.
• Attend shoots to ensure that agreed upon concepts are fully realized in production.
• Assist in launching shows from pilot to series, including creative notes, assisting in finding and hiring of writing staff and episodic directors.
• Work closely with various internals departments including production, legal, press, casting, marketing, digital, social media etc. to communicate information and act as a liaison for the scripted department's projects.
• Work with external partners as liaison and brand ambassador
• Attend film festivals, panels and events as assigned
• Minimum 4 years of experience in television/film
• Minimum 2 years in creative executive capacity, current and/or development
• College degree or equivalent work experience in related environment.
• Experience in television development and/or current programming
• Ability to interface with veteran producers
• Excellent writing skill, proficient at writing network notes on scripts and cuts
• Experience in generating and/or taking pitches
• Strong relationships with agents, managers, writers, producers, industry executives, etc.
• Exhibit flexibility, excellent communication skills and relationship building ability
• Assertive, enthusiastic and highly motivated self-starter
• Polished with good interpersonal skills
• Creative and passionate
• Innovative and entrepreneurial
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high energy environment
• Travel as needed to sets and events outside of LA
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkx9q-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.