Overview and Responsibilities
The Consumer Insights, Content and Marketing Research Team at BET Networks is responsible for developing, executing, synthesizing, and using consumer insights to inform the BET Networks Enterprise. The Strategic Insights and Research department is built on the foundation of an expertise in broad-based insights into the Black/African-American Consumer Market and nested within this department sits the Content Optimization team. This team primarily focuses on delivering insights by testing content (promos, pilots, scripts, loglines, talent, etc.), digging into fan needs and threading it through to other data sources.
The Director will report to the Vice President of Content Optimization for Consumer Insights and will support all mixed-method research efforts for BET Network's 10 brands, BET+ (SVOD), and its respective business units (Unscripted, Scripted, Marketing, Digital, etc.). The ideal candidate is an experienced Consumer Insights professional with a deep knowledge of, and passion for turning insights into action and a proven track record of influencing business decisions in fan insights. The ideal candidate also has expertise in either the entertainment content or the Black/African-American consumer market. This position can be based in New York City or Los Angeles.
• Independently lead small-scale to large-scale research projectsand ad hoc requestsacrossthe entire business. Projects and ad hoc requests come to the Content team from all10 brands across BET Networks enterprise and BET+, our SVOD service,and are evenfurther matrixed by business unit as previously stated
• Own ''from-soup-to-nuts'' the full research process, often guiding external research partners to ensure the outcome is impact and not just findings
• Oversee the execution of internal research studies, too, requiring deep knowledge of quantitative survey design, sample design, programming, data tab spec'ing, etc.
• Collaborate with analytics teams to deliver show recaps, discern ratings and make the connection to insights
• Curious about advanced analytic techniques such as driver analyses, modelling, weighting, etc.
• Be passionate about the content we test and the problems we solve; be comfortable having a point-of-view steeped in Black culture
• Ownbuildingsimpledatabases, miningdata sources, appending variables to data sets as needed, experimenting with ''sticky'' data visualizations
• Enthused to lead from the front, helping to take our team to the next level. The Director is expected to lead 1-2 individuals on the Content team
• 7+ years of strong primary consumer insights experience, including Marketing and Content Research
• Bachelor degree or higher
• Must show expertise and confidence in turning primary and secondary quant data from insights into actions
• Experience in qualitative research, back-end at a minimum (e.g. overseeing focus groups/IDIs, reviewing mod guides, etc.)
• Media or Entertainment experience strongly preferred
• Five-star project management and time management skills expected
• Present the 3E's when leading and relating with others – engagement, excitement and exploration
• Able to turn complex/intricate analyses into clear, easy-to-understand ''story-telling'' presentations
• Excellent interpersonal skills which will enable candidate to interact with a wide range of personalities/styles and establish effective relationships in a highly matrixed organization between BETN, BET+ and other ViacomCBS networks