BET Networks, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news, and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET's growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
The BET Consumer Insights Manager has a new role on the Consumer Insights team! This individual will serve in a hybrid role that will support traditional and developing platforms and demonstrate their knowledge of BET's brand strategy to help build practical insights for cross-functional teams. This role will drive Ad Sales Revenue Generation and Sales Team Collaboration, contribute to best-in class Thought Leadership, and provide Ad-Hoc Marketing, Brand and Digital Strategy support for the BET family of brands.
• Building compelling category insights for the Sales team that drive client cultural understanding, inform strategy, and identify key cross-platform opportunities
• Helping solidify the Sales Team's competitive advantage by compiling, maintaining, and regularly socializing key audience facts (i.e., Black Facts deck and infographic)
• Collaborating with Ad Sales Research Analytics to apply cross-platform viewership data (linear, digital, and social) to build thoughtful and innovative audience analyses to the best position and distinguish our networks in the marketplace
• Assisting in conducting advertiser & sponsorship efficiency
• Assisting with establishing BET ad effectiveness playbook, using cross-vendor insights and compiling BET custom content findings
• Supporting BET Brand Effectiveness initiatives (Brand Architecture, Brand Health, Viz ID, BET Claims, etc.) including vendor management, drafting briefs, RFPs, outlines, and questionnaires, coordinating meetings with key partners, and sharing recaps
• Contributing to, managing, and helping to socialize innovative thought leadership pieces (e.g., BET's Social/Digital Consumer) that advance the business and maintain our brands' position within the Black Diaspora
• Assisting with other cross-team large scale qualitative and quantitative research projects. Such as research design, pre-planning and asset collection, vendor management, qualitative research moderation, data analysis, report writing and dissemination/presentation of findings
• BA/BS degree
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in media, advertising, or consumer research
• 3 years of prior experience in marketing, strategy, or analytics role
• Passion for the entertainment space and BET's programming!
• Strong story telling with proven background in translating data into insights and insights into stories that influence decisions
• Experience with pulling, interpreting and integrating consumer panel and point of sale data (i.e., Nielsen, IRI and Numerator), consumer profiling databases (Helixa, Spectra, YouGov, GWI, and MRI), ad intel (iSpot/Ace Metrix, BrandIndex, Latitude, and Kantar), ratings data (Nielsen NPower, SCR and ComScore), social listening tools (Crimson Hexagon, Talkwalker, etc.) and/or data portals/warehouses (Qualtrics, Voxpopme, Tableau, etc.)
• Knowledge of the cable television industry
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized, strong attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and multi-task
• Strong work ethic and integrity
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46427-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.