Demand Planning Manager
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
The Production Editorial department of the Berkley Publishing Group is seeking a self-motivated individual to join their team as a production editor. The production editor will oversee all aspects of text and cover work for approximately 50 to 60 titles per year, including mass market, trade, hardcover, and electronic titles-mostly fiction originals and reprints.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Styles manuscripts for design and typesetting
• Works on and reviews all phases of text (copyedits, proofreads, reviews all freelanced work, etc.)
• Copyedits and proofreads all stages of cover production, from cover copy to printers' proofs
• Reviews promotional and galley-related materials
• Hires and oversees the work of freelancers (copyeditors, proofreaders, indexers, etc.)
• Coordinates schedules with freelancers, editors, and production
• Performs quality control review of ebooks
• At least three years of production editorial experience
• Excellent copyediting, proofreading, and organizational skills
• Knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style
• Must be able to work and review work electronically using the track changes function in Word and mark-up tools in Adobe Acrobat
• Detail and accuracy oriented
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments, work well under pressure, and consistently meet tight deadlines
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Self-motivated team player with good critical-thinking skills
• Familiarity with ebooks
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2q5b-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution.