We are looking for a well rounded FX Supervisor passionate about leading a team in providing photo-realistic FX simulations to the highest standard. The ideal candidate has advanced knowledge of Houdini and Arnold, has proven experience supervising artists in a feature/episodic television pipeline, and is eager to help artists grow in their career path.
This position is open to candidates in Vancouver, Canada.
Who You Are
You are an experienced FX Supervisor or a Sr / Lead FX Artist ready to step into your next role. You have years of experience in Houdini/Arnold, creating dynamic simulations of the highest quality. You have spent time in a lead or supervisory role and are passionate about providing teams with everything they need for success. You are capable of communication outside your team with leadership internally and clients externally. You have a strong creative vision and want to contribute those skills to a growing team and company.
What You'll Do
• Collaborate closely with Heads of CG and Production to determine project needs, both technically and creatively, for the FX team and upcoming projects.
• Assist producers in scheduling and maintaining expected FX turnovers and deadlines.
• Develop a good rapport with project clients, helping to plan and execute their vision to the highest standard.
• Oversee FX team through all active projects, clearly communicating tasks and deadlines.
• Assist with all technical aspects of production for the FX team. Develop pipeline and workflow for projects that are effective and efficient.
• Lead and mentor team to ensure all work is produced to the highest quality and delivered on time.
• Review and QC all work completed by the FX team, giving constructive feedback as needed and inspiring growth.
• Offer creative vision to client and team, ensuring exceptional work within client budget and time constraints.
• Contribute a creative eye to shots while always referencing reality.
• Collaborate with CG leadership to design and implement dynamics to the highest standard, and guide FX team in their application.
What You Bring
• 5+ years FX/Dynamics experience in film/episodic television, creating realistic simulations, including pyro, smoke, rigid body, and rigid body destruction.
• 2+ years in a lead or supervisory role within an FX department.
• Expert knowledge of Houdini is a must. Arnold renderer highly preferred.
• Passion for artistic oversight and development of skills within the FX team.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide clear and constructive feedback and direction to team members.
• Demonstrated experience in Houdini with: art-directable simulation for pyro, fluids, particle, and cloth ;scene & node graph optimization; creative look development.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
About This Role
• Fully remote position
• Health benefits following one month of employment
• Note: At this time we are only accepting applications from those artists legally eligible to work in Canada.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8xxo9-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.