Bally Sports' mission is to build a transformative, participatory sports platform, anchored by the most exclusive and relevant live professional games, that provides fans a year-round opportunity to engage with content and communities they are most passionate about.
Bally Sports is looking for a VP, Business and Legal Affairs. Reporting to the SVP, Business and Legal Affairs, this person will be primarily focused on supporting the Distribution and Business Development team for Diamond Sports Group that is focused on renewing existing partnerships, building meaningful new partnerships, and helping to secure subscribers and revenue for both Bally Sports MVPD and DTC businesses.
What you'll do:
• Negotiate, draft, interpret, administer, and assist with the management of distribution for all Bally Sports products with all distribution partners and platforms, including traditional (cable, satellite and telco), broadband, wireless, and all other forms of new media and direct-to-consumer platforms.
• Collaborate with internal teams to develop strategy, deal structures, required rights and protections.
• Prepare legal analysis for upcoming deal negotiations and inquiries from senior management.
• Assist with ongoing compliance with contractual obligations and requirements.
• Support general corporate matters (such as maintaining organizational charts, periodic JV compliance support, review and analysis of JV related agreements).
• Manage outside counsel when appropriate.
What to bring:
• 7+ years experience
• corporate/transactional background
• experience at national law firm or in-house studio
• prior network distribution experience preferred
The base salary compensation range for this role is $225,000 to $250,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Diamond Sports Group, L.L.C, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Diamond Sports Group LLC, an independently-managed and unconsolidated subsidiary of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., owns the Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks (RSNs), the nation's leading provider of local sports. Its 19 owned-and-operated RSNs include Bally Sports Arizona, Bally Sports Detroit, Bally Sports Florida, Bally Sports Great Lakes, Bally Sports Indiana, Bally Sports Kansas City, Bally Sports Midwest, Bally Sports New Orleans, Bally Sports North, Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Oklahoma, Bally Sports San Diego, Bally Sports SoCal, Bally Sports South, Bally Sports Southeast, Bally Sports Southwest, Bally Sports Sun, Bally Sports West, and Bally Sports Wisconsin. The Bally Sports RSNs serve as the TV home to more than half of all MLB, NHL and NBA teams based in the United States. Diamond Sports Group also has a joint venture in Marquee, the home of the Chicago Cubs, and a minority interest in the YES Network, the local destination for the New York Yankees and Brooklyn Nets. Diamond RSNs produce approximately 5,000 live local professional telecasts each year in addition to a wide variety of locally produced sports events and programs each year.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rovbj1-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.