Bally Sports' mission is to build a transformative, participatory sports platform, anchored by the most exclusive and relevant live professional games, that provides fans a year-round opportunity to engage with content and communities they are most passionate about. We are looking for an experienced engineer who can build and lead a team that oversees and manages the successful development of multiple, key marketing, product, engineering and other complex business initiatives. This leader will work across a variety of stakeholder groups while managing an overall program roadmap and the execution of multiple project workstreams. This leader will maintain a strategic program view and be comfortable working hands-on multiple projects as the service evolves from launch.
Site Reliability Engineer, Bally Sports+
• Apply your deep knowledge and experience with troubleshooting practices to prevent and solve issues during live sports events.
• The position will have flexible working hours that follow Live event schedules. Candidate is expected to work in shifts.
• Work in parallel with our DOC (Digital Operations Center to monitor events on multiple devices.
• Pull, read, understand Charles logs.
• Help identify root cause(s) of incidents. Identify steps to mitigate the impact of any future recurrences.
• Gather device console logs from native front-end applications (iOS, Android, tvOS, AndroidTV, FireTV, Roku, Xbox, Tizen, Responsive Web).
• Configure various technical dashboard/observability platforms. Configure dashboards & alerting capabilities.
• Continuously monitor Conviva scores on all supported devices. Proactively escalate potential problems and work with engineering teams to address problems/improve streaming quality.
• Lead communication on outage bridges during real time outages.
• Lead technical troubleshooting/triaging conversations with external vendors/partners during outages.
• Send regular communication / updates during ongoing outages.
• Send technical incident notifications.
• Lead RCA analysis and distribute findings to internal stakeholders.
• 5+ years support experience in Live video streaming services.
• The successful candidate must be able to proactively understand and troubleshoot the workflow while keeping a high focus on Live operations, including the ability to quickly react and report any urgent matters.
• Experience in a live sports channel origination and distribution environment.
• Experience with on-air master control environment.
• Deep understanding of SCTE 104/ SCTE 35 / SCTE224.
• Deep understanding of OTT and Streaming Workflows.
• Experience with Harmonic VOS platform
• Experience with Conviva Analytics Platform
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy9qx0-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.